Art Club is being offered on Mondays & Friday this season. This page is for registration for the Monday virtual club session.
Theme: Meet the Masters
Art Club presented by the Wayne Art Center will be held online with instructor Candace Stringer (experienced illustrator, designer, and graphic artist; BFA, MFA, art educator, Episcopal Academy and Ithan, Wayne and Radnor elementary schools in Radnor Township School District).
In virtual art club, each week we will “meet” a famous artist, see images of their iconic artwork via a slide show presentation and complete an art lesson inspired by their masterpieces. Students will work with a variety of art materials to create original drawings, paintings and collages.
Artists we will be focusing on: Frida Kahlo, Claude Monet, Henri Rousseau, Henri Matisse, Georgia O’Keeffe, Faith Ringgold.
Students will need these materials (most of the items listed you should have at home):
- 12”x18” construction paper in various colors and brightly colored 8.5” x 11” computer paper
- 12”x18” white drawing paper
- Pencils, erasers, fine line black sharpie (permanent pens), markers, oil pastels, crayons, water color paints, brushes, palettes (can be paper or plastic plates) water container, paper towels, scissors, hole punch, glue sticks
- Misc materials: Coarse salt (kosher salt), Q-tips
- INSTRUCTOR: Candace Stringer, Wayne Art Center – firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRADES ELIGIBLE: K- 2nd
- DAYS: Mondays: November 2, 9, 16, 23, December 7, 14
- TIME: 4:30-5:30pm
- PLACE: VIRTUAL – information will be provided to registrants
- MAX STUDENTS: n/a
- COST: $135
Registration & Payment Options: Registration and payment must be done ONLINE for this club. Registration is not complete until payment is completed. Club spaces may be limited and reserved first-come, first-served as registration is received.
If you have questions about clubs, please contact the club coordinator at email@example.com.
Financial assistance is available. Please contact the guidance counselor, Ms. Carolyn Swetkowski at 610-240-1605 or SwetkowskiC@tesd.net. All inquiries are confidential.
Number of registered students: 16